Mid MI Waste Authority
What day is trash pick-up?
If a holiday falls on a Monday, pick-up will be Tuesday.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
How to report a missed pick-up?
If materials were properly prepared at the curb by 7am and were missed, you can call Mid Mi Waste Authority at 989-781-9555 within a day to report the issue.
You can also call the township office at 989-792-7596
General Packaging Rules
- residents may set out an unlimited number of trash bags.
- trash cans and bags CANNOT be more than 33 gallons and 50 lbs each.
- dont place trash in cardboard boxes
- 2 bulky/large items allowed each week
- Any item that exceeds 50lbs or doesnt fit into a standard 33-gallon bag or can is a bulky item.
- Set out bulky items on your regular trash day.
- collection worker will tag bulky items.
- A separate bulk item truck will come by and pick it up.
- do not remove tagged items from the curb.
- limit 2 bulky items per week.
- Yard waste is defined as grass clippings, yard vegetation, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" in diameter) and leaves.
- Place yard waste in a 33-gallon or smaller cans or paper yard waste bags; set out on Monday.
- Do not put yard waste in plastic bags.
- All cans and bags must weigh less than 50 lbs each.
- Twigs may not protrude more than 12" above container.
- Cans need a "yard waste" sticker.
- Hay bales, corn stalks, and pumpkins are yard waste.
Christmas trees are collected as trash at the curb through the first 3 weeks of January.