Building Inspector: Bruce Palmer
5851 Mackinaw Road
Saginaw, Michigan 48604
(989) 792-7596 Ext 117
The Kochville Township Code of Ordinances can be found online for your convenience.
To enforce building codes fairly and efficiently, Kochville Township retains a building inspector with extensive training who is registered with the State Construction Code Commission and the Department of Labor. The building inspector issues building permits and inspects construction sites in accordance with the 2015 edition of the Michigan Building Code, the 2015 Michigan Residential Code, and oversees the electrical inspector and the plumbing and mechanical inspector.
The building inspector must be prepared to issue “stop work” orders and seek circuit court injunctions to achieve compliance with the codes.
Farm buildings for legitimate agricultural use are exempt from permitting and enforcement, but still must meet zoning setbacks. Contact the Zoning Administrator for more information.
Coming February 1, 2018: New Refundable Re-Inspection Fees: Please click on below for more information:
- Resolution 17-27: Refundable Re-Inspection Fees
- Please fill out this form below after your project is completed and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive your refund within 10 days after receipt of your refund request.
- Building permit application -revised as of 10-1-2018
- Electrical Permit Application-updated 4-16-19
- Plumbing Permit Application revised as of 12-8-2017
- Mechanical Permit Application revised as of 12-8-2017
- Building permit fees
- Contractor’s registration form
- Additional inspection form
- Zoning Permit
- Temporary Use Permit
- Fire alarm permit application
- Fire suppression permit application
- Business License: Home Occupation Supplementary
- Zoning Map
- Non-Structural Permit Application (NEW)
- Permit for Plan Examination
- 2019 Business License Application
Community Awareness Program
Procedures for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Permit Applications
Permit applications are available at the Kochville Township Offices, or you can download them here. Fill out the application and return it to the Kochville Township Building Inspector along with other necessary documents. For more information about the documentation requirements for your specific project, please contact the Kochville Township at 989-792-7596. You may need some or all of the following:
- Site plan, indicating roadway(s), road right-of-way, proposed construction, easements, property lines, all existing structures, and any other pertinent information.
- Construction drawings or plans
- Copy of signed construction contract
- Septic permit – Saginaw County Health Department 989-758-3686
- Well permit – Saginaw County Health Department 989-758-3686
- Driveway permit – Saginaw County Road Commission 989-752-6140
- Soil Erosion Permit – Saginaw County Department of Public Works 989-790-5258.
- Copies of all contractor licenses
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and the fees set. Do not begin your project without an issued permit.
Click below to install the ResCheck software on your computer:
Do I need a Builder's License?
Floodplain Ordinance and Building in a Flood plain:
New* Non-Structural Development Permits
Non-structural development and redevelopment such as resurfacing parking lots, resealing, and re-striping, grading, and filling of a site must first obtain a non-structural development permit. In addition, any work being done in a floodplain, including the above shall first get approval from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for doing site work in a floodplain and submit a copy of the MDEQ authorization to the Township in order to obtain a non-structural permit.
This permit has been adopted by the Kochville Township Board and is necessary to enforce the Township ordinances and ensure compliance with NFIP Guidelines (Floodplains).
Failure to obtain the below permit-Order to Stop Work.
Residential Building Projects Step 1-3
- Building permit requirements: residential
- Required inspections for construction permits
- Building Department policy for residential building permits
- 2015 MI Res Code Energy Worksheet – single family residential
- Located in a flood hazard area? Frequently asked questions
- Smoke Detector -CO Detector Requirements-Residential
- Required Information for construction plan review
- Required inspections for construction permits
- Water and sewer specifications for construction
- ADA compliance standards
- Information Required for Tenant Space Renovations
- Adopted Building permit fee schedule – 2015
- Application for Plan Examination – new
- Development guide
- Saginaw County Road Commission Land Development Procedures
Mobile Home Requirements
Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
Please click on below for frequently asked questions about the installation and permits required for pools, spas, and hot tubs.
Please click on below for deck planner software. “This is not intended to endorse any specific product or manufacturer, but it is being offered to help homeowners and contractors build code compliant construction.”
MI Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Understanding Asbestos
Storm Water Management & Permitting
- Michigan Building Code, 2015 edition
- Michigan Residential Code, 2015 edition
- Michigan Rehabilitation Code for Existing Buildings,
- Michigan Electrical Code, 2017
- Michigan Mechanical Code, 2015 edition
- Michigan Plumbing Code, 2015 edition
- International Fuel Gas Code 2015
- MI Uniform Energy Code 2015
Verify a License