Skip to content

Building Department

Building Inspector: Bruce Palmer
5851 Mackinaw Road
Saginaw, Michigan 48604
(989) 792-7596 Ext 117

The Building Inspector will be available by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm. Please call to schedule an appointment or inspection.

NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS- CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A PERMIT.  REGISTRATIONS ARE VALID UNTIL YOUR STATE OF MICHIGAN LICENSE EXPIRES.  This does not apply to homeowners doing their own work on a house they occupy.  Failure to provide all required information will result in a denial of your permit.

Contractor Registration Form

EMAIL REQUIRED – Please include your email address on all submitted permit applications.  Inspection reports are now being done electronically by our inspectors and a copy of the inspection report will be emailed to the contractor at the time of the inspection or shortly after the inspection has occurred.  

For information concerning flooded electrical equipment and property please follow the link below:
Guidelines for Handling Water Damaged Property and Electrical Equipment

The Kochville Township Code of Ordinances can be found online for your convenience at the American Legal Publishing Corporation website.

To enforce building codes fairly and efficiently, Kochville Township retains a building inspector with extensive training who is registered with the State Construction Code Commission and the Department of Labor. The building inspector issues building permits and inspects construction sites in accordance with the 2015 edition of the Michigan Building Code, the 2015 Michigan Residential Code, and oversees the electrical inspector and the plumbing and mechanical inspector.

The building inspector must be prepared to issue “stop work” orders and seek circuit court injunctions to achieve compliance with the codes.

Farm buildings for legitimate agricultural use are exempt from permitting and enforcement, but still must meet zoning setbacks. Contact the Zoning Administrator for more information.


Community Awareness Program

Procedures for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Permit Applications

Do I need a Builder's License?

Floodplain Ordinance and Building in a Flood plain:

New* Non-Structural Development Permits

Residential Building Projects Step 1-3

Commercial Projects

Mobile Home Requirements

Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs

Pole Barns


Michigan Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) Asbestos Abatement Requirements

Storm Water Management & Permitting

Applicable Codes

Verify a License

Storage Containers-New*

Electrical Licensing Requirements for Sign Contractors