Mid MI Waste Authority
What day is trash pick-up?
If a holiday falls on a Monday, pick-up will be Tuesday.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
How to report a missed pick-up?
If materials were properly prepared at the curb by 7am and were missed, you can call Mid Mi Waste Authority at 989-781-9555 within a day to report the issue.
You can also call the township office at 989-792-7596
General Packaging Rules
- residents may set out an unlimited number of trash bags.
- trash cans and bags CANNOT be more than 33 gallons and 50 lbs each.
- dont place trash in cardboard boxes
- 2 bulky/large items allowed each week
- Any item that exceeds 50lbs or doesnt fit into a standard 33-gallon bag or can is a bulky item.
- Set out bulky items on your regular trash day.
- collection worker will tag bulky items.
- A separate bulk item truck will come by and pick it up.
- do not remove tagged items from the curb.
- limit 2 bulky items per week.
- Yard waste is defined as grass clippings, yard vegetation, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" in diameter) and leaves.
- Place yard waste in a 33-gallon or smaller cans or paper yard waste bags; set out on Monday.
- Do not put yard waste in plastic bags.
- All cans and bags must weigh less than 50 lbs each.
- Twigs may not protrude more than 12" above container.
- Cans need a "yard waste" sticker.
- Hay bales, corn stalks, and pumpkins are yard waste.
Christmas trees are collected as trash at the curb through the first 3 weeks of January.
- Containers must be 33-gallon or less with a "Recyclables Only" sticker on it.
- "Recycables Only" stickers are free at the township office.
- Place all paper items together in the same recycling bin.
- If you can rip it, you can recycle it.
- Plastic grocery bags are NOT recyclable.
Do NOT recycle items
- Food.grease contaminated boxes-pizza boxes.
- Soiled napkins and paper towels
- Frozen food boxes
- Laundry soap boxes
- Take out paper cups
- Product samples
- Mirror Glass
- Light bulbs
- Packing peanuts and foam
- Medical items
- Cooking Oil bottles
- Plastic Wrap
- Foam cups or plates
Drop off Recycling Locations
911 Veterans Memorial Parkway Saginaw, MI
Open: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm
Phone #: 989-754-8014
Waste Management Recycle America
1957 Findley Saginaw, MI
Open: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm
Tire Recycling Drop-Offs
Saginaw County Mosquito Abatement Commission
211 Congress Avenue
Saginaw MI 48602
- Household Tires only: no businesses
- Up to 10 tires allowed. No rims. Per address, per year.
- Saginaw County residents only
Landfill Disposal Options
4143 E.Rathbun Road
- If materials are not properly prepared, they will not be collected.
- The collection worker will place an orange tag on the item and check the reason why the item was left at the curb.
- Late and improperly prepared set outs are not a miss and will NOT be picked up.